• Syracuse University: Master’s degree in Visual Communication. Full scholarship. Jan 2001 - Dec 2002.
• The University of Georgia: Bachelor’s degree in Journalism and Mass Communication. Graduated Dec 1997.
• Syracuse University Study Abroad Program in London: A photographic workshop and study in British media.1997.
• Eddie Adams Barnstorm Workshop 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2011, 2012
Currently, my photography client list includes editorial, corporate, and advertising clients; Fortune Magazine, People Magazine, Health Magazine, Paste Magazine, Intuit, LPL Financial Services, Herald Bank, Tishman Corporation, IBM, Bloomberg News, Microsoft, Mikimoto, Sports Illustrated, Christine Moore Millinery, Lenox Advisors, Prison Fellowship, Sciences Po, Catherine Malandrino, Napoleon Perdis, Porter House, Oi Architecture, National Geographic, Golf Digest, the Wyndham Hotel, Hilton Hotel, the Municipal Arts Society, Crowley Webb Advertising Agency, ESAB, Amway, Crane, Artistry, and a wide array of small businesses. 2006 - present.
Projects of note:
• Orange County Choppers reality TV show. Photographer for ESAB advertising campaign. July 2010.
• LOVETOWN, PA. Photographer for a collaborative art project in Philadelphia. Shown at Wheaton College Billy Graham Museum March-May 2012, Tiger Strikes Asteroid Gallery July 2010.
• M.I.L.K., a photography book celebrating love, life, and laughter. Photographer. 2009
• Microsoft’s “Heroes Happen Here” book. Producer, working closely with the photographer, Microsoft executives, and press in Italy managing the book project for a major marketing campaign to completion. January 2008.
• Manhattan Measure, Photographer for a fine art, multi-media project with artist, Gene Schmidt. Shown at film festivals all over the country. Oct 2006 - Jan 2008.
• My Celebrity Home, Guest photographer for the TV show, April 2006.
• The Apprentice 4th season, Still photographer for Mark Burnett and NBC. Sept 2005.
• IZOD, Bass, Van Heusen, and Geoffrey Beene brands. Producer for ad campaigns, Dec 2004 to July 2005.
• ZOCOR pharmaceutical ad campaign, producer. March 2005.
• Sports Illustrated “Where are They Now” issue, producer for a photo shoot at the Capitol including seven US Senators and Congressman. June 2004.
• America 24/7, NY 24/7 book projects published Sept 2003 and Sept 2004. Photographer.
Founder/ Executive Director of NYC SALT
a nonprofit photography program for inner-city teens.
January 2005 - present
Joe McNally’s 1st Assistant / Producer (www.joemcnally.com)
Full-time apprenticeship working as a producer, photo assistant, picture editor and managing all aspects of the photo operation in his studio. Projects of note include:
•Life Magazine special project, The Faces of Ground Zero. Oct 2001.
•National Geographic 1st all digital story, Dec 2003 cover story, “What’s New in the Air?” Jan - May 2003.
•Golf Digest 16-page spread on “The New Athlete in Golf.” Nov - May 2003 - 2004.
•Men’s Journal special project, a fashion story on the Blue Angels. Feb 2004.
•Sports Illustrated, ESPN, People, Business Week, Manex Productions, Brides Magazine. Aug 2002 - July 2004.
Fortune Magazine - Photo editing Intern
Picture editing. July 2001- Aug 2001.
Syracuse University - Newhouse Master’s Program/Teaching Assistant
Instructing photography lab classes for graduate and undergraduate students in editing film, and teach¬ing lighting, composition, moment, and instructing students in Photoshop and other digital aspects of using computers with photography. Full scholarship. Jan 2001 - Dec 2002.
• The Atlanta Journal and Constitution, Atlanta, GA - Staff Photographer
Full-time staff photographer covering international, regional and community news in Atlanta, GA. My job also included managing a local section of the paper, providing visual content and editing all pictures that came from assignment work. 350,000 daily circulation. April 1998 - Nov 2000.
• The Seattle Times, Seattle, WA - Intern
Staff photographer covering local and regional news. Summer 2002.
• The Guardian, London, England - Intern
Photography internship. 450,000 daily circulation. November 1997.
• The Roanoke Times and World News, Roanoke, VA - Intern. Photography internship. 125,000 daily circulation. April 1997 - Aug 1997.
• The State Journal-Register, Springfield, IL - Intern
Photography internship. 75,000 daily circulation. Jan 1997 - May 1997.
• Athens Daily News and Banner Herald, Athens, GA - Intern. Photo internship covering the 1996 Summer Olympic Games and general news assignments. 35,000 daily circulation. Feb 1996 - Sept 1996.